Surgical Abortion Information
Surgical Abortion Timeline
What to Expect on the Day of Surgery
- Our goal is to make your visit as easy as possible.
- In a private room, a staff member will take your medical history, perform necessary lab work, and an ultrasound. She will also explain the procedure and answer any questions you might have.
- Then in a surgery room, the doctor will answer any questions and give you an examination.
- Our patients who choose to take medication to ease anxiety don’t remember the abortion experience. Once the procedure is completed (usually within 10 minutes) you will be moved to recovery where you will rest for about 30 – 60 minutes prior to going home.
- You will leave our clinic with detailed recovery instructions, all the prescriptions you need during recovery and a prescription for birth control, if appropriate.
Surgical Abortion Fees
|How Pregnant Are You?||Associated Fees|
|Up to 11 weeks, 6 days||$650.00|
|12 weeks to 12 weeks, 6 days||$690.00|
|13 weeks to 13 weeks, 6 days||$800.00|
|14 weeks to 14 weeks, 6 days||$900.00|
|15 weeks to 15 weeks, 6 days||$1,000.00|
|16 weeks to 16 weeks, 6 days||$1,100.00|
|17 weeks to 17 weeks, 6 days||$1,270.00|
|18 weeks to 18 weeks, 6 days||$1,590.00|
|19 weeks to 19 weeks, 6 days||$1,800.00|
|20 weeks to 20 weeks, 6 days||$2,000.00|
|21 weeks to 21 weeks, 6 days||$2,330.00|
|22 weeks to 22 weeks, 6 days||$2,540.00|
|23 weeks to 23 weeks, 6 days||$2,750.00|
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be in pain after the procedure?
Most women are drowsy when they leave our office. If there is cramping afterward, some women find all they need is Tylenol. We also give a prescription for pain pills.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes. Appointments can be scheduled from Tuesday through Saturday.
Do I need someone to drive me?
If you choose anxiety medication, you will need to bring a companion to drive you home. If you choose a local anesthetic, you can drive yourself home.
Is your doctor Board Certified?
Yes. All of our surgeons are Board Certified.
How long will I be there?
About 2-4 hours in our clinic.
Will I go to sleep?
Most of our patients who choose anxiety medication usually don’t remember anything about the procedure.
How much time off work/school do I need?
You should rest on the day of surgery and the day after. If needed, we will give you a discreet work excuse.
Is abortion still Legal in Nevada after the Roe vs Wade verdict?
Yes, abortion is still legal in Nevada. The abortion issue has been settled in Nevada law for decades, primarily because voters in 1990 approved the Freedom of Choice Act. That law upheld a woman’s right to have an abortion in Nevada even if the U.S. Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v. Wade decision is overturned.