Abortion Pill also known as a medical abortion is used up to 10 weeks.
A medical abortion is as an alternative abortion procedure to a surgical abortion procedure that is performed up to 10 weeks from the first day of your last normal menstrual period. It is an early abortion option, which is preformed in the first trimester (63 days) of gestational age with success rates of 92-95%.
Two types of medicines are used to complete a medical abortion.
- Mifepristone (abortion pill) taken in our office
- 24-48 hours later Misoprostol (Cytotec) taken at home
- After 14 days you are to return to our center for a follow-up and sonogram to ensure that the medical abortion has completely ended unplanned pregnancy.
Medical Abortion Follow-up
After your medical abortion, a follow-up visit is very important. You must come in for a post-procedure visit 2 to 3 weeks after the abortion. This is the only way we can be certain that your procedure was successful and that you are no longer pregnant. There is no charge for this visit.
Before your Abortion
- You MUST be less than 10 weeks pregnant.
- Your first appointment will include a medical history and an ultrasound to confirm the length of pregnancy.
- The first pill is taken (by mouth) in our office and you will be given a prescription for 4 pills to be taken at home 2 days later. (You are welcome to return to our office for assistance if needed.)
- Two weeks later you will return for an ultrasound at no additional fee to ensure that the pregnancy has fully terminated. That day, if appropriate, we will give you a prescription for a birth control method of your choice.
- All laboratory tests
- Birth control method started immediately, if appropriate
- Rh Globulin, if needed
- No hidden fees
Medical Abortion $500